Sterling Silver Sauce Boat, Shreve, Crump, and Low, Boston, MA, Circa 1901
John McFarlane, watchmaker and silversmith, gave birth to Shreve, Crump, and Low in 1796, when he opened his shop across the street from his colleague, Paul Revere. Following a series of partner and name changes, the company settled on its current name in 1869. Shreve, Crump, and Low enjoys a sterling reputation as purveyors of fashionable and superior quality jewelry and silver, including The Webster Vase (1835), The Davis Cup (1899) and the Cy Young Award (1908). It remains privately held, and hails as one of the oldest jewelry and gift stores in America.
Trimmed with gadroon banding and supported on three cast scroll and paw feet, this sauce or gravy boat has a seamed body and C-scroll handle with spur.
4 3/8” height, 4 3/4” length, 8 1/2” width. 11.13 troy ounces.