Sterling Silver Cream Pitcher, Baltimore Sterling Silver Company, Baltimore, MD, Circa 1895
Engraved on bottom, "FHH".
Charles Stieff founded the Baltimore Sterling Silver Company in 1892, manufacturing sterling silver flatware and hollowware. The company changed its name to The Stieff Company in 1904, and rose to such prominence that it acquired its chief competitor, Samuel Kirk and Son, in 1979.
Cream pitchers have gained in popularity in recent years. Savvy hosts and hostesses use them for a splash of water on a bar, a sweet arrangement of posies, or a fresh homemade viniagrette.
3" height, 3 1/2" width. 2.49 troy ounces.