Sterling Silver Paul Revere Reproduction Punch Bowl, Tiffany and Company, New York, NY, 1927-1947
Charles L. Tiffany and John B. Young’s partnership, which began in 1837 and specialized in stationery and fancy goods, only faintly resembled its modern day descendent of Tiffany and Co. Tiffany and Young’s expansion to 271 Broadway in 1847 enabled them to add an array of fine silverware and jewelry. They contracted only the best artisans, establishing their brand for quality and excellence. Tiffany and Co. business and design acumen during the next twenty years culminated in their winning the grand prize for silver craftsmanship at the 1867 Exposition Universelle in Paris. The addition of Edward C. Moore a year later cemented the firm as international leaders in the silver industry that continues today.
16” diameter, 7 ¼” height. 86.43 troy ounces.